Sunday, December 4, 2011

16. Explain a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dillema you have faced and its impact on you.




                 My Junior (and Senior) year I enlister in International Baccalaureate (IB), I also was in cross country, club soccer, and track and field. At first it was very difficult to organize school and extracurricular activities it soon became even more difficult. I loved doing sports pushing the limit to my muscles is just a great feeling, but IB and school were important too. I had to find a way to organize them both but how?
                  I remember the first month of IB I wanted to quit; I felt I didn’t need it and fond it more of a hassle then helpful (I still kind of do (; ). With the help from my friends I kept pushing through the nights of completing HW late at night. My body slowly adjusted to the small hours of sleep but they would soon come back to haunt me. I remember the week before fall and winter break I was so tired every day I had to take showers in the morning and the night to keep myself awake. Not even on weekends I was able to rest, as I would have to wake up early on Saturdays to play soccer.
                 The help from my parents didn’t help either. Being the eldest boy in my family anything that included working was my job. On Sundays I always had to mow the lawn, pull out weeds. I regular had to water the plants and had to take out the trash. My junior year my dad started renting our house in Tijuana so we regularly went to pick things up on the most randomized days. I remember one day I was so tired from cross country and soccer practice I told him if I could stay home, but he insisted I help him saying he would need my help. I reluctantly agreed.
                Throughout both years I struggled balancing both sports and school and each year I felt like quitting both but as the two years passed bye I kept pushing. Now whenever I look back to high school I can be proud of myself because I did it, I did something only a few would dare to do, and I made it out alive and stronger then ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player